Saturday, February 21, 2009

Bias for Targeted Action

What are you doing? What are you studying? What's your objective?

Geoffrey James's business perspectives (adapted).

1) Any business activity that can’t be measured quantitatively and objectively is a waste of resources.
2) The point of commerce is to generate profitable revenue, so all measurements should tie back to sales.
3) Everyone’s compensation should be tied to their ability to help sales generate profitable revenue.
4) Employees who object to being measured quantitatively and objectively are running a scam.
5) Effective marketing are activities that can be objectively and quantitatively measured that make it easier and quicker for sales to take place.


Brand Management
1st - Confidence
2nd – Quality
3rd – Service
4th – Selection
5th – Price

"I will act now. I will act now. I will act now. Henceforth, I will repeat these words again and again, each hour, each day, every day, until the words become a habit as my breathing and the actions which follow become as instinctive as the blinking of my eyelids. With these words I can condition my mind to perform every act necessary for my success. With these words, I can condition my mind to meet every challenge." Og Mandino, author and motivational speaker (1923 - 1996)

"Whatever we learn to do, we learn by actually doing it; men come to be builders, for instance, by building, and harp players by playing the harp. In the same way, by doing just acts we come to be just: By doing self-controlled acts, we come to be self-controlled; and by doing brave acts, we become brave." Aristotle, Greek Philosopher (384 BC – 322 BC)

"All who have accomplished great things have had a great aim, have fixed their gaze on a goal which was high, one which sometimes seemed impossible." Orison Swett Marden
1850-1924, Author

"Action makes more fortune than caution." Luc DeClapiers

No comments: